Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lakers, Racing & Bumper

What a long time it has been since dropping some knowledge on all my readers. So my childlike attention span has been focused on three things today, in no particular order. The Lakers, RC racing and a new rear bumper for my real car.

First off I am trying my hand at racing a RC car tomorrow. I have been to the track exactly twice and have gotten good at crashing so might as well give it a shot. I have a knack for the trash talking and getting in people's heads so I think I got the mental game down. Everyone knows is 60% mental 50% skill and 25% tires. So I should have a 10% advantage. They have done studies 60% of the time it works every time. Look forward to the race recap next week loyal readers.



Finally after months of waiting, literally since July, my new rear bumper comes in. Could not be coming at a better time either. I was recently rear ended in the G-Ride not to worry, everyone is ok. So I have been doing some modifications to the truck which you can see on my Xterra Build Page. I will be adding a rear bumper into the equation. I sometimes get the question "Scott, why are you adding an aftermarket rear bumper?" I usually reply with the simple retort "Because it's fucking awesome!!" Look at the picture below, wouldn't you agree? Sexy beast isn't it.

Last and certainly not least. The Lakers, wow have they been on a tear. This is shaping up to be a very good season. It looks like they are having so much fun out there on the court. Sometimes when I play basketball I imagine myself as Derrek Fisher and moving the ball, showing my skills raining buckets on the defender. Then I realize I have none of those talents and get a team member a glass of water.